Mens 1 : 38,000,000 PLUS 2 NIGHTS STAY BANGSRING BREEZE
Mens 2 : 13,000,000
Mens 3 : 9,000,000
Women 1 : 9,000,000 PLUS 2 NIGHTS STAY BANGSRING BREEZE
Women 2 : 4,000,000
Women 3 : 2,000,000
EVENT BIG AIR
Mens 1 : 5,000,000 PLUS 1 KITE AND BAR BEST KITEBOARDING
Mens 2 : 1 SURFBOARD HUNA BOARDS
Mens 3 : 1 BOARD AIRUSH
Women 1 : 1,500,000 PLUS 1 BOARD BEST KITEBOARDING
Women 2 : 1,500,000
Women 3 : 1,000,000
RACING OPEN WOMEN AND MEN
Open 1 : 5,000,000 PLUS 1 KITE AND BAR AIRUSH
Open 2 : 4,000,000
Open 3 : 2,000,000
SPEED OPEN WOMEN AND MEN
1 1 Rip curl GPS watch
All events will take place on Tabuhan Island, a small uninhabited atoll enshrined with white sandy beaches and turquoise waters positioned right in the middle of the strait separating Bali from Java. Tabuhan Island is part of the Banyuwangi regency of East Java - Indonesia.
1. Each year around May, the South Easterly trade winds reach Indonesia. This marks the end of the raining season and the start of the dry season, or as we like to name it, the Windy Season. Where in Bali we have come to accept these trade winds will hardly ever blow over 15 knots, in East Java and in particular at Tabuhan Island, it’s a whole different story. These same South Easterly trade winds get funnelled through the narrow strait between the islands of Bali and Java. Add the mountainous terrain on both sides of this strait and the temperature differences between the land and ocean surface temperatures and you will have the perfect recipes for strong, constant wind. Right there where the trade winds are the strongest and most constant, lays Tabuhan Island. You will ride in a combination of choppy water to picture perfect flat water for those who love free riding and throwing their latest tricks in super smooth water. Beautiful untouched scenery, combined with steady trade winds of up to 25 knots between May and November, will make this the newest kite -and windsurf destination in Southeast Asia.
2. Conditions to be expected: dominant SE - SEE trade winds of up to 25 knots; water temperature 25 - 27 ºC; air temperature 30 - 32 ºC.
From Denpasar airport in Bali or Surabaya airport in East Java, daily flights depart for Blimbingsari airport in Banyuwangi. Both Garuda, Indonesia's premier airline company and Wings Air fly from these locations to Banyuwangi. The flight from Bali takes about 25 minutes while the flight from Surabaya takes about half an hour.
Both airline companies allow for free carriage of up to 25 kg of kiteboarding gear next to your normal luggage. Alternatively, you can drive your car from Bali to Ketapang (harbour town north of Banyuwangi where you will arrive on the car ferry departing from Gilimanuk - Bali). The drive takes about 3-4 hour including the ferry between Gilimanuk - Bali and Ketapang - East Java. The organisers of the event will arrange for your airport / ferry terminal pick-up and consequent transport to the event location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The Tabuhan Island Pro 2015 Event Organisers will offer free accommodation to all registered competitors and participants on Tabuhan Island starting Friday August 21, 2015 until Monday August 24, 2015. Tents and bedding for all registered competitors and participants will be provided as are free breakfasts, lunches and dinners as well as mineral water. Additional foods and drinks will be sold by the Event Organiser's appointed sellers. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
Each competitor and participant shall be pre-registered for the event by filling out the registration form on www.tabuhanislandpro.com and / or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: First name; last name; nationality; birth date; discipline; kite sponsor; board sponsor; other sponsor.
Competitors and participants under 18 years of age shall present a signed and completed parent or legal guardian’s consent and medical treatment permission form at registration.
The on-site registration fee is Rp. 250,000 in cash.
Depending on the number of riders in both the Men and the Women divisions we will either organise separate Men and Women competitions or combined Men / Women competitions.
Freestyle - Marathon - Big Air - Speed Trial
All disciplines will be held on Saturday August 22 and Sunday 23, 2015. Registered competitors and participants are free to ride and practise on Tabuhan Island on Friday August 21, 2015. Depending on the weather conditions and number of registered competitors, group qualifiers for all disciplines will be held on Saturday August 22, 2015. The finals of the Tabuhan Island Pro 2015 will take place on August 23, 2015 (depending weather conditions).
1. Registration for all competitors will be open from 08.00 AM to 17.00 PM on Friday August 21, 2015 at the Tabuhan Island Pro 2015 media center located at Kampe Beach, Wongsorejo, Banyuwangi.
2. The first mandatory competitors meeting is scheduled for 07.30 AM on Saturday August 22, 2015 at the Tabuhan Island competition beach area.
3. The Awards Ceremony is scheduled for 16:00 PM on Sunday August 23, 2015 at the Tabuhan Island competition beach area.
The sailing instructions will be available at the official registration time on Friday August 21, 2015
1. The Competition Area will be posted at least fifteen (15) minutes before the warning signal for the first heat of the day on the Official Notice Board.
2. There are two main Competition Areas both located in front of the Official Judges Towers on either the north side of Tabuhan Island (high to medium / low tides) or the south side of Tabuhan Island (low tides).
A judging panel will be appointed by the Event Organiser. Their decisions will be final and cannot be appealed.
1. The total prize money for all disciplines is Rp. 85,000,000. Together with the product prizes these will be distributed among the top three (3) competitors in each discipline.
2. Trophies will be awarded to top three (3) competitors in each discipline and division.
1. A proof of personal medical insurance with worldwide coverage will be required at registration for each competitor and participant. A valid membership card or certificate, or other satisfactory evidence of worldwide medical coverage may be requested.
2. Each competitor and participant shall present a valid insurance certificate showing proof of third-party liability coverage of at least US$200,000 (or equivalent) per incident that should be included in the membership in the applicable class association.
1. Competitors and participants take part in all competition and / or free riding at their own risk. The Event Organiser, Banyuwangi Tourism Board in conjunction with Bangsring Breeze Resort or any of their officials or representatives or the sponsors or their officials or representatives are not responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage, loss or injury either ashore or on the water either to persons or equipment, which may result.
2. Competitors and participants in this event, supporting events and in each heat in them is at the sole discretion of the competitor and participant and at his/her own risk.
1. By participating in the Tabuhan Island Pro 2015 kiteboarding event, competitors and participants automatically grant to the Event Organiser and their sponsors, the right in perpetuity to make, use and show, from time to time at their discretion, any motion pictures and live, taped or filmed television and other reproductions of the athlete during the period of the competition without compensation.
2. Competitors and participants may be required to carry cameras, sound equipment or positioning equipment as specified by the Event Organizer.
3. The top three (3) competitors as well as the individual heat winners may be required to attend a media press conference each day.
4. Competitors and participants may be required for interviews during the event.
Competitors and participants shall wear an event advertising T-shirt supplied by the Event Organiser over all other clothing, including harness on the water at all times during the event.
Attendance at the first competitor’s meeting and awards ceremony is mandatory for all competitors and participants.